Seachem paraguard

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
You can use Ridich Plus or Hikari Ich X…they have a gentler formulation of malachite green.

What makes you think the fungus will spread to your other fish?

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
You can use Ridich Plus or Hikari Ich X…they have a gentler formulation of malachite green.

I dont think it will spread. Just easier to treat whole tank if I can.

I have ich x on hand as well

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
I dont think it will spread. Just easier to treat whole tank if I can.

I have ich x on hand as well
Then you should just keep the water clean, add salt, and keep an eye on the sick fish. There are fungus spores in the water at all times. If the water is clean, fish healthy, and no aggression, they shouldn’t get it.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Then you should just keep the water clean, add salt, and keep an eye on the sick fish. There are fungus spores in the water at all times. If the water is clean, fish healthy, and no aggression, they shouldn’t get it.
Water is always pristine... I dont wanna use salt with the loaches

Hes acting normal, still eats, active. So thats good... hopefully it clears

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ

Ridich Plus contains 0.038% MG, typical of nearly all MG based remedy, so it’s no milder formulation. Paraguard, containing 0.004% MG, is the milder formulation. When comparing ick remedies, it’s like comparing OTC drug. It’s not the brand name but the generic ingredient and concentration that makes the difference. Inconveniently, you have to do some searching to find out the formulation.

Reactions: SandNukka15

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Ridich Plus contains 0.038% MG, typical of nearly all MG based remedy, so it’s no milder formulation. Paraguard, containing 0.004% MG, is the milder formulation. When comparing ick remedies, it’s like comparing OTC drug. It’s not the brand name but the generic ingredient and concentration that makes the difference. Inconveniently, you have to do some searching to find out the formulation.
I don’t use Paraguard and don’t know much about it. However, I am not talking about Ridich Plus being milder because the percentage of MG is different. It’s the formulation that’s milder than other Ich meds utilizing a similar percentage of MG.

From Kordon’s website: “ The Rid·Ich Plus formula utilizes the less common but also less toxic chloride salt of malachite green… Rid·Ich Plus has been shown to be reasonably safe for use on fishes which normally cannot tolerate malachite green alone. Fishes such as the so-called "scale-less" species (loaches, catfish, etc.) tolerate Rid·Ich Plus very well, but be sure to follow cautions noted earlier.”

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store