semi-rant / advice w/ dealing w/ another "dealer"

b-man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
US
there is this kid who constantly ask me for prices on books and other supplies. he has a reseller license # so i always give him a decent discount. but i'm pretty sure he's just doing it on the side. the things is, he is always asking for prices on different volumes (ie how about if i get 10 or 15? ok what about 5 than?). however he has yet to ever buy anything from us, but we always give him the courtesy of being a "dealer". however not too long ago, i've noticed he started carrying some of our items and usually un-cuts us on price. no biggie, its sales but it is annoying........ long story short i think he is just using us to price compare. so rather than wasting our time from now on, how would you handle this professionally? and no its not Li :)

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Sounds like he's asking for your prices while he conferring with another seller to gauge his pricing index. I'd inform him that accounting services will no longer be provided in the absence of ordering. He has yet to spend a $ with an order so, losing his business won't be any loss.

N-E Cichlids

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2006
Ellenton, Florida
WWW.N-ECICHLIDS.COM
Oddball;3199031; said:
Sounds like he's asking for your prices while he conferring with another seller to gauge his pricing index. I'd inform him that accounting services will no longer be provided in the absence of ordering. He has yet to spend a $ with an order so, losing his business won't be any loss.
I couldn't have said it better.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store