Senegal Bichir with Red Tail Shark and Gold Barbs

Slightly Psycho Aquatics

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hi everyone!
Seeing a baby Senegal bichir at my LFS has once again renewed my interest in keeping these fish. I have a forty gallon tank that contains some gold barbs, and three-spot gourami and a red tail shark. I'm pretty sure that the bichir would not be able to eat the barbs given how dense they are, but I'm a little concerned about keeping the shark with the bichir given that they are rather slender. Does anyone have any experience with keeping these fish together?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Kept together before and no issues except some occasional nipping.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Sens grow slow amd is most likely a cb, theres a good chance it stays much smaller than the inflated internet advertised size

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I currently have a RTS with some upper jaws including an Albino Sen. However, the RTS came after the Sen. There really isn't any issues as long as there is plenty of territory for the RTS to claim and some hiding spots for the Sen. I find my Sen likes to chill around a large piece of driftwood at the bottom while my RTS is just all over the tank. Doesn't seem to bother anyone as long as it has plenty of space to itself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store