Setting up all sponge filter setup for 125 - help

SwampFins

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2018
Most powerhead these days have a venturi port, that if hooked up with a tube above the surface, provide at least as much, or more aeration that an air pump, beside giving current (depending on the power of the powerhead.

above is a small powerhead with the venturi port hooked up to an air line.
Below a stronger pump with venturi tube attached.

The one above sends aeration across over half a 6 ft tank.
I had totally forgotten about those! That's AMD excellent option as well. Thank you

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
If i ever do a sponge only setup again im gonna try one of their tower block filters.
Backfromthedead Backfromthedead

I was actually just looking at their tower block filters, have you ever used them? I'd like to eventually filter my 125 with corner matten filters, but the tower block filters caught my eye. They are not as clean looking, but would be a lot easier to install/remove if I ever decide to go a different direction.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Backfromthedead Backfromthedead

I was actually just looking at their tower block filters, have you ever used them? I'd like to eventually filter my 125 with corner matten filters, but the tower block filters caught my eye. They are not as clean looking, but would be a lot easier to install/remove if I ever decide to go a different direction.
Havent had the chance to get one yet, but im considering it for my next build in lieu of a sump.

I think you could set one up to look pretty clean. I think they might work better for a cube like shape tank than a long skinny tank like a 125. Maybe two of the block filters, one in each corner, would work pretty well.

Reactions: FIU Panther
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store