Setting up overflow on 220

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Aren't the jebao's able to control the flow? If it is then i'd run it, perfect pump to dial in the settings for the overflow. The time I did run a sump it was a wetdry and I quickly threw that out cause I got tired of all the noise and evaporation lol. I also tried k1 and hated it. I just used a 75 gal and made it into 3 compartments, mechanical (foam), biological (ceramic media), and heater/pump area. I like to keep things as low maintenance and simple as possible lol I dont even wipe off algae so it can consume nitrates so I dont have to water change as often lmaoooo

James1973

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yea they have a controller and you can adjust the flow. I hear you on the low maintenance out of curiosity what did you hate about the k1

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
haha i just talked about it on this post

The evaporation and cleaning the dead bio that gets knocked off the media, and oh also the evaporation was a pain.

James1973

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2020
Interesting ill keep that in mind have a few days until I build the stand and start plumbing. Thanks for the input

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
The "tentacle" is called a loc-line. You'll need to reduce the tube/plumbing of the return pump to use a 3/4 loc-line. I think the Jebao has a 1 1/4" outlet? Set-up correctly, the sump can be virtually silent. Evaporation is the primary reason I use an ATO. I still have to fill ATO box, but its more convenient for me to do that all at once every ~9 days.

OP, you should definitely test for yourself, but in my experience the durso for the BA, wasn't any more affective than a straight pipe and takes up less space if that's any concern.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store