Setting up the 1000 gallon Bowfront.

poppalina

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Boston
Being that the tank is acrylic I would stay away from pleco's as I hear they can chew up an acrylic tank. That tank is absolutely beautiful, I can hear your ceramic tile crying from the weight.

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Sure, whatever floats your boat. For me, I think there is an aesthetic benefit to sticking with one star and the three "layer" groups, and getting as many of each as you can. Takes some discipline, for sure, but with that kind of volume, with enough cash, you can add truly hugenumbers. Just throwing a dart at a board but 100 or more of each I would not be out of the question...Nice thing is these are all bred regularly so you can likely find volume at a reasonable price. I can only imagine but I bet you would see much more natural behavior in groups of a size that at least come closer to the groups these fish form in the wild.
Going to put in a small group of Multipunctatus 20-25 two inchers. I currently have 3 red hooks and 5 thin bar SDs all around 5 inches, will pick up 20 more smaller thin bars/thick bars/tiger sds hopefully over the weekend. Thanks for the idea

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Most plecos will not chew on acrylic. The teethy versions can though.

Being that the tank is acrylic I would stay away from pleco's as I hear they can chew up an acrylic tank. That tank is absolutely beautiful, I can hear your ceramic tile crying from the weight.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wow,looking forward to more photos and I'd hate to have to vacuum that tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store