Setups you want

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
What are some of your favorite setups that you would want? Some of mine (that I will set up... one day...) are:
-a nice 300 gallon planted with some kind of show pleco (probably a sunshine pleco), pikes, discus, geophagus, and angels
-a large shark pool, around 100,000 gallons housing a few large sharks such as sandbar, lemon, and nurse along with an adult bumblebee grouper, adult green moray, and adult southern stingray
-a 240 gallon housing a passer angel and hawaiian dragon moray
-dual 1300 gallon monster tanks (one designed around fast-paced fish/aggressive fish, one designed around rays and more toned down fish)
-a 550 gallon ancient fish tank (polypterus, rare gars, sleeper goby, eclipse catfish (not ancient just cool), fire eel, maybe a needlenose gar)
-a large paludarium (12x5x8) - the part that you can view would be 1' of concrete at the bottom, then 5' of glass, then 2.5' of concrete again, the inside would be 3' of water and 5.5' of land, so enough space to stand pretty much (for me at least, lol - I'm a short guy). There'd be minimal structure in the water and a few "trees" - really large dead branches covered in moss with plants like ferns and shrubs growing on them - on the land section. It would house a yellow anaconda and 2 green basilisks on the land, and in the water there would be a SA biotope (angels, eartheaters, geophagus, acaras, dwarf cichlids, pencilfish, tetras, plecos)

I've got plenty more I want to do (and I will someday) but those are the most interesting ones. What've you got?

Nickkk395

Feeder Fish
Aug 9, 2019
What are some of your favorite setups that you would want? Some of mine (that I will set up... one day...) are:
-a nice 300 gallon planted with some kind of show pleco (probably a sunshine pleco), pikes, discus, geophagus, and angels
-a large shark pool, around 100,000 gallons housing a few large sharks such as sandbar, lemon, and nurse along with an adult bumblebee grouper, adult green moray, and adult southern stingray
-a 240 gallon housing a passer angel and hawaiian dragon moray
-dual 1300 gallon monster tanks (one designed around fast-paced fish/aggressive fish, one designed around rays and more toned down fish)
-a 550 gallon ancient fish tank (polypterus, rare gars, sleeper goby, eclipse catfish (not ancient just cool), fire eel, maybe a needlenose gar)
-a large paludarium (12x5x8) - the part that you can view would be 1' of concrete at the bottom, then 5' of glass, then 2.5' of concrete again, the inside would be 3' of water and 5.5' of land, so enough space to stand pretty much (for me at least, lol - I'm a short guy). There'd be minimal structure in the water and a few "trees" - really large dead branches covered in moss with plants like ferns and shrubs growing on them - on the land section. It would house a yellow anaconda and 2 green basilisks on the land, and in the water there would be a SA biotope (angels, eartheaters, geophagus, acaras, dwarf cichlids, pencilfish, tetras, plecos)

I've got plenty more I want to do (and I will someday) but those are the most interesting ones. What've you got?
I have to enclosure is coming sometime next month. I have an 11 foot by 6 foot by 6 foot enclosure coming for my green anaconda. There's going to be a six foot by 6 foot by 2 ft filtered heated pond with lily pads and a fake fallen tree that will allow her to bask over the water and hide behind it in the water. On the dry side there's going to be a fake rock ledge that looks like a small Cliff that she will be able to bask on top of or hide underneath with vines hanging down so she's hidden. There's going to be a waterfall and also a fallen log on the dry side that she can bask on without having to climb much. And then on the dry side there's also going to be an access hole that leads to a 4 by 6 sleep chamber. It's basically going to be a giant sublevel hide box. This will come in handy especially when she's larger because she will have 5 by 6 by 4 on the upper dry side and 4 by 6 by 2 on the lower dry side and then 6 by 6 by 2 for the pond. Once she outgrows that, probably around 12 feet or so oh, I'm having a walk-in enclosure built. It will be 18x18. The water is going to be about three and a half feet deep and it's going to be amazing. But I'm about 7 years away from that haha. And then my Suriname is getting an 8 by 4 by 3. It has to fake tree stump hide boxes and a pond with a waterfall and a climbing Branch with two fake rock basking shelves. There's also going to be a couple small trees with vines and plants everywhere. Both of those enclosures, when you look inside them, you won't be able to see anything but fake plants and natural looks. The enclosure itself will not be showing except for the ceiling. Both of them have 300w radiant heat panels on herpstat thermostat. Both of them have built-in Mist systems, for Zone fan systems, as well as lights that gym as the day progresses like natural light. They are going to be amazing! Haha my goal, in the next two to three years, is to purchase three more enclosures. PVC. I want all of them to be 10 by 4 by 3. My plan is to switch my Suriname from the 8-foot enclosure to one of the 10 as well as my other Suriname and my Guyana and then I want to put my boa imperator in the 8-foot enclosure.

Omrit

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2015
1. 180 gallon true parrot cichlid pair.

2. 210 gallon chocolate cichlid tank with medium cichlids and Bichir.

3. 210 gallon saltwater with a Picasso trigger and porcupine puffer.

4. 180 gallon greater siren tank. My dream has always been to have a Greater Siren. They are a large fully aquatic salamander native to my state. When I was a kid I got a 55 gallon, and put one in it. It is by far the coolest thing I have ever owned. He looked pathetic in a tank that size though so I ended up putting him back in the pond. When I get a house with stronger floors the siren is at the top of my list. They are truly magnificent.

5. Various small (75 and under) biotype aquariums. Particularly interested in an amazon and congo biotype.

Here is a video of the great siren for those that have not heard of them:
(not my video)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
1. 180 gallon true parrot cichlid pair.

2. 210 gallon chocolate cichlid tank with medium cichlids and Bichir.

3. 210 gallon saltwater with a Picasso trigger and porcupine puffer.

4. 180 gallon greater siren tank. My dream has always been to have a Greater Siren. They are a large fully aquatic salamander native to my state. When I was a kid I got a 55 gallon, and put one in it. It is by far the coolest thing I have ever owned. He looked pathetic in a tank that size though so I ended up putting him back in the pond. When I get a house with stronger floors the siren is at the top of my list. They are truly magnificent.

5. Various small (75 and under) biotype aquariums. Particularly interested in an amazon and congo biotype.

Here is a video of the great siren for those that have not heard of them:
(not my video)

Cool looks like a cross between Axolotl and Lungfish.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Sirens are cool. They had a lesser northern siren at my lfs (I think thats what it was called), little dude stayed small I think. I had pics but they are gone.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store