Severum Photograph Thread

japes

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
This one's for onesimus :p. Severums are probably my favourite fish, currently keeping 2 of them, and if I didn't pickup a Chocolate (fellow Heroine) I'd have three.

My little guy, probably just 2". As you can see, has some bully marks as he's the latest addition to the tank and my bigger Severum hasn't taken to him kindly. Nothing too serious.

He's got the markings of a real looker in my opinion. Fairly pale at the moment because he can't really settle in.

My bigger Severum, probably close to 4", picked him up only a month and a half ago at 2". Borders on basically black most of the time.

Both on Hikari Cichlid Gold / Hikari Green Staple with peas thrown in here and there.

So, what are yours like? :p

BlueKiller82

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Massachusetts
I really like the looks of that dark one with the redish belly.

Here is my gold back in august of 2005.

Red Spotted Severum back in October of 2006

Gold Meets Red (big size difference)

Past few Months. Lots of breeding but no fertile eggs.

kh89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
Colorado
Here are mine. In a seperate tank for right now healing up a bit redhead is named Red and the other (idk if it is a green or turquoise??) is names Sevy lol

01-08-2008 302.jpg

11-5-07 149.jpg

HiImSean

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2007
kennesaw, ga
here's my pair. they are about 5" and just had their first spawn this weekend. nothing came of it though :( maybe next time

sledge760

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I hate to get off the picture topic but, can someone tell me the growth rate for Severum's? I just bought a 3" Green Severum last week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store