Severums with ick

GentleGiantsCichlidKeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Like 5 days ago i started noticing small white dots on my gold severum and oscar which was moved to a quarantine tank 2 days before due to damage on his skin. Oscar soon got full of white dots and i treated him with paraguard for 5 days and he’s completely fine now. I’ve been treating my main tank with my 2 severums but they’re still not better. They are full of white spots and some white things are coming out of their skin. Their poop is fine so it’s not internal. My red severum stays at the bottom of the tank but eats normal somewhat. My gold severum flashes himself to rocks, filter, and glass. He just stays on the top of the tank near the heater most of the time. i bumped the temp to 83 degrees and i’ve been treating with paraguard. I don’t know what else to do. They’ve been like this for like a week now and red is lethargic and the gold just stays on one spot in the top. Any tips?
I just had a Severum, Jack Dempsey, and Blood parrots with ick as well. I treated the tank with Api Super Ick Cure powder tablets (just one tablet) and turned the heater up to 89. After the water cleared, I placed aquarium salt in the water. My severum unfortunately passed as I the white spots on her, were more progressive than that on my Blood Parrots and she didn't hold up. But, the Ick on my Blood Parrots, and Jack Dempsey is now gone. They are my survivors. Thank God!

GentleGiantsCichlidKeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Unfortunately my gold severum past away. Before he past he started swimming upside down for a couple of hours that confused me a little. I think my sevs got a secondary bacterial infection because there was cotton like things on their skin. Anyways that’s very sad i was really attached. I took out my red severum and put him in a 10 gallon QT and i’m currently treating him there. I sanitized my tank with bleach and i’m going to start the re cycle tomorrow. I have a medium cartridge that is from a cycled 20 gallon. Is putting that cartridge into my Large filter going to jump start the cycling process? And if so when can i start adding fish back? I’m purchasing tetra safe start aswell and putting that in tomorrow along side dechlorinator(stress coat) and stress zyme.
I'm sorry for your loss. The same thing happened to my Severum. R.I.P....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store