Sewellia Lineolata - Hillstream Loach Breeding Log 1

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
The sewellia are great. I liked the panda garra at the beginning.
I will give them their own photoshoot and video. They are some of my favorite hillstream species. And built to last.

Not long after getting them, as is usual apparently, they kept trying to escape. One did manage to do so while I was out. Came home to sticky drying fish lying on the floor. Noticed his gills move so I literally threw it in as quickly as I could. It survived and continues to this day.

latapy10

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2019
Europe
When I rescaped the top tank with most of the sewellia in it, I decided to split them up according to pattern and try concentrate efforts on certain strains.
Now all 3 tanks have sewellia and I will see how it goes. Also, there were quite a few fry that I decided to catch and grow out in another tank once I can see which pattern they are, I can add them back to the correct tank.

The fry
View attachment 1478420View attachment 1478421View attachment 1478423View attachment 1478424View attachment 1478425

Taiwanese micro dragon goby.
View attachment 1478426View attachment 1478427

The rack now
View attachment 1478428
Hi
I would like to ask you if schismatogobius can be with medium-sized fish in the same tank.(giant danios for example)

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Hi
I would like to ask you if schismatogobius can be with medium-sized fish in the same tank.(giant danios for example)
I would not do it.
Even with timid tank mates they suffered. They are feisty feeders but cannot compete. Besides something nano such as Scarlett Badis or chilli rasboras perhaps. I would try to keep them alone. Unless you have a larger, well matured tank that has large colonies of tiny critters.
Giant danios would probably go for them as well when full grown.

latapy10

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2019
Europe
I would not do it.
Even with timid tank mates they suffered. They are feisty feeders but cannot compete. Besides something nano such as Scarlett Badis or chilli rasboras perhaps. I would try to keep them alone. Unless you have a larger, well matured tank that has large colonies of tiny critters.
Thank you for your comprehensive answer.

Reactions: cockroach

latapy10

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2019
Europe
I would not do it.
Finally i learn schismatogobius to eat frozen bloodworms.But they dont like other fish in my tank.They are shy and often hide under gravel...

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Finally i learn schismatogobius to eat frozen bloodworms.But they dont like other fish in my tank.They are shy and often hide under gravel...
I kept mine with pygmy cories. The also fair well with scarlet badis as well.
The will eat frozen foods...just takes a bit of coaxing.

Reactions: latapy10
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store