sexing a Jaguar

Crashdawg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2016
hello. Im sure this fish is to young to sex but wanted to see what some of you thought. it is about 4 inches and around six months old..Any thoughts? newjag.jpg

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Making Me MIss my big Jaq,,good luck with breeding project

Reactions: Crashdawg

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
andy its young but leaning to female a little. give a few more months, see how the body fills out and fins develop.

Crashdawg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2016
Another question for all. The jag in first picture really doesn't want cichlid pellets. He will eat the freeze dried crickets or night crawler and even flake food but not the pellets. I know might crawlers and crickets should not be given daily so what do the other jag owners feed your fish daily? Also what brand of pellets should i buy? I live in a small town and sadly Walmart is the only place local to buy fish food. And Tetra is all they carry. Any thoughts? Thanks.CD

Bandit87

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2016
Im leaning towards female myself... As for feeding I just keep giving the food I want it to eat eventually it will come around.... Im growing two out myself. If theyre real small try "crushing" the pellet. Worked for me.

Crashdawg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2016
Im leaning towards female myself... As for feeding I just keep giving the food I want it to eat eventually it will come around.... Im growing two out myself. If theyre real small try "crushing" the pellet. Worked for me.
`Thanks. yeah im sure he will eat it. when he gets hungry enough. he really likes the crikets but i dont think eating them daily is the best diet.i juts got freeze dried krill, will add this to his diet.Was just wondering about your name,Do you drive a bandit?

Crashdawg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2016
hello fellow Fish Keepers. A update on my Jags. Well the confirmed Male has turned into a real Jerk lol. He is in a 125 with what i think are two females, Ive had to put a divider in because he will never leave them alone. are they both female? They are younger then the male, first one is a little over 6 inches, the dark one is smaller.The picture on the bottom is the older male. please let me know what you guys think the sex of the other two are. Thanks guys and gals..20170528_214831_HDR.jpg 20170528_215610.jpg 20170528_224859.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store