Share stories, pictures, and videos of your fish!!!!

CoryWentland

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2012
Minnesota
Does anyone out there have any interesting or funny stories, videos, or pictures of their fish? I think fish can be hilarious sometimes as they do have their own personalities almost. I have a 15 inch Red Pacu and one day, he decided to just eat the glass thermometer that was inside the aquarium. I walked in on the pacu with half of the thermometer in his mouth, the other half broken off on the bottom, and cuts all over his nose. I did a water change shortly after so there wouldn't be any toxins loose in the water and I took out all of the broken glass, but I still found it hilarious that he would even try to eat it. It's been almost 2 years since that incident and he is doing great, although there are still some nice, big scars on his nose!

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
My Little Male Jewel cichlid attacks the glass when he sees my sister!!:D

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
i like your pacu story.i have a jagXtexas hybrid that for about a year lived with a tinfoil barb.it was a spare from a tank experiment that did not work.i threw this fish in expecting him to be eaten,but he just would chase him a bit,later he started smashing him,but never tried to kill him.he took the pounding well,i named him Jerry Cooney!

CoryWentland

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2012
Minnesota

lilpendragon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2012
South Florida
My parrots remember people, and hide from anyone who doesn't feed them. My boyfriend was standing by the tank talking to me and the fish came over to see him, he didn't notice at first. He hadn't visited them for a very long time and they seemed to remember him, haha.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1342146636835.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1342146652178.jpg

CoryWentland

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2012
Minnesota
Kind of gory... but interesting... I do not know how my gar managed to eat the fish like this!Dillanfood.jpg

Dillanfood.jpg

Chitala Ornata Mama

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Phoenix
I have a jag that thinks he is my boyfriend. Right now he's mad at me because I had a jerk pleco that needed to leave and quit beating up my Chrysichthys Maurus so I dumped his rude little self in with the jag. The jag is not pleased. Anyway, when I would go to the tank, he would put on his mating colors and dance for me. He would flare and dance and court and just go crazy. He would get angry when my dogs (160 lb great danes) would walk by when he was dancing for me, so he'd charge the glass and smash his face. Over and over. As a display of his anger, he'd move his rocks one by one until he'd moved all 20 or so lbs of them over to one side where the dogs passed. We got him bigger rocks so he'd quit, but he did it anyway. He'd broken all of his teeth by doing it. Nothing calmed him down. Now that the pleco is in there, he is mad at me and leaves his rocks alone. He stays on the side glaring at the pleco and won't dance for me.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Leonardo is so busy watching us that he doesn't see his last potato "chip" He tries to get Adonis' potato slice, even nipping Adonis' tail. Adonis inhales his last piece, and it gets stuck in his mouth. When he sees and tries to get Leonardo's chip, he is not able to pick it up with his own chip stuck in his mouth. Leonardo finally sees his last chip, polishes it off and grins. Water is fouled up from all the potato they were fed--which is why they very seldom get treats.
[YT]WK4BGbjhLhE[/YT]

Tag teaming a carrot
[YT]o8yBQnCtRU4[/YT]

End of the carrot
[YT]Din0wZw43fU[/YT]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store