share your channa set-ups here

tropheus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
if you guys would like to share yours channa set-ups here it might be usefull for some of the other members old and new to get ideas from. ive seen some great set-ups from some of you guys and it would be great to have a place for all of us to share them. and for some of the newer guys to get ideas on what they can do to improve there set-ups ect . but please remember everyone has diferant taste and a diferant way of doing things ,so please try and remain polite

well guys heres the up date on my set-up , i now have 14 tanks set-up and running with fish in them , i have got 10 of them where they are staying where they are now but a lot of work left to do , all the upstairs tanks need woodwork doing to the front of them to finnish them off and all electrics req finalizing ,all lights req putting on timmers ect ,but things are starting to take shape. here are some pics of the progress i have made up to now .

as you can see some of them are still in the very temp stage but progress is being made , slow progress but progress all the same , will try and get a pic up of each tank later to show how i have set each one up ,btw they are far from finnished most need more plants and i defanatly need more floating plants but as allways money is the limiting factor

hope you like and look forward to seeing your set-ups , if it takes off we can look at making a sticky for it

cheers col

I WILL GO THROUGH AND DELEATE THE NONE TANK POSTS FROM TIME TO TIME , AND SEE IF WE CAN GET A GOOD COLLECTION OF SET-UPS GOING - CHEERS COL

DSC_0199.JPG

DSC_0198.JPG

DSC_0232.JPG

DSC_0196.JPG

DSC_02581.JPG

DSC_0233.JPG

DSC_0202.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0227.JPG

tropheus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
ok this is my gachua , its a juwel 300 approx 4x2x2 it is my first attemp at a fully planted tank , brucki inspired me to try real plants and now iam hooked ,there are 6 indian gachua from calcutta in this tank the biggest is around 10" when i try to take pics they run off and hide in the plants ,you will also probably notice my juvie marulioides hiding out in there ,they are waiting on there new tank comming ,allthough i would not recomend mixing channa ,as a temp solution this has worked out ok ,as the gachua are not really interested in fish to eat they much prefer there prawns and worms

enjoy cheers col

DSC_02641.JPG

DSC_02681.JPG

DSC_02691.JPG

DSC_02701.JPG

DSC_02731.JPG

Reactions: patrickjohnsgarcia

Freakdaddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
OK here yar mate.
This is where my Bengal Gachua live..

and have bred yay!

I'll try for some usable pics of my other tanks for you later.

:)

Brucki

Gambusia
MFK Member
Hi Colin

your tanks dont look very temporary.
I hope you have luck with the real plants, after I've infected you with the virus ;-)

OK some of my tanks:
A piece of wood that sticks over the surface in one of my baby sp. Assam tanks. Grown by to little species of moss.

By the way, the neon and guppies were so nervous, I couldnt stand that.
But luckily my Assam juvies tokk them into custody
to temporary pulchra tanks:

Sorry for some crappy pics.

Cheers

Ransom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2006
Derbyshire / England
This is my current snakehead set up, its a 2.5foot tank with
2 x Red SH
1 x Unknown SH (maybe a dwarf SH) ??
1 x Large Pleco

i had just thrown in some homemade food so its a bit mucky

Iam geting 3x4 foot tanks on a stand this weekend, and once they have grown out of that well a 7.5foot tank will be waiting for them

anyway the pics

IMG_2061.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2071.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

n4red

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2008
sweden
Heres mine .. i know im lacking some plants and stuff but ive had a "snail invasion " recently so im gonna try add some new stuff later on !

IMG_0752.jpg

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
tropheus;2212090; said:
bump . come on guys lets see them set-ups ,doesnt matter if you have one tank or 100 as long as i contains channa in there somewhere

cheers col
leucistic striata and tankmates...

027.JPG

028.JPG

029.JPG

019.JPG

014.JPG

031.JPG

040.JPG

065.JPG

089.JPG

zoomed.com