Shark catfish suggestions

ILOVESHARKS

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2021
Malaysia
Hi, second post in this page, I am a shark catfish hobbyist, I used to just keep iridescent sharks, but now I am seeking for suggestions for other shark catfish suitable for a 2.9 meter water fountain here are some shark catfish that my importers had:
1. 25 cm Platinum Paroon shark
2. Super short body albino iridescent shark
3.600g iridescent shark
4. iridescent shark fingerlings
5.Hybrid Mekong giant catfish
6. Pangasius nasutus
7.Iridescent shark X Pangasius nasutus hybrid

CC N

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2021
Don't suggest hybrids besides that mekong giants.
-If you're keeping big bodied, large fast and agressive fish go w/ the platinum paroon. grow it out and its gonna be a beast !
-If you're keeping smallerfish like hampalas or mahseer go w/that big or sp short iridescent. Or thet Hybrid Mekong and/or nasutus

Reactions: ILOVESHARKS

ILOVESHARKS

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2021
Malaysia
the ridescent shark X Pangasius nasutus hybrid are called Patin mas which means golden pangasius, these hybrid catfish are created by the university of Terrenganu, another hybrid is a mekong giant catfish and golden pangasius hybrid

golden pangasius

mekong giant x golden pangasius hybrid

CC N

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2021
I just have seen the real mekong...Its look kind of differrence. I don't quite like it. But if you do, go for it

DRUKENMUNKY

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2018
With the size of the fountain I would suggest going with something on the smaller side and slower growing. I would look for a sb paroon or black ear paroon. Another great shark cat which is often overlooked is a hammer cat. Where are you located? I am considering selling my leopard hammer cats ... They are about 13 to 14 inches and won't get much bigger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store