Shark chasing ray

JamieC77

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2006
Indiana
Ok I have a Parron shark that has his spot in the tank that he likes to hang out and lately my Motoro ray has been insisting on going over into his spot so my parron has been going after him. I don't think he is actually biting him because he has no marks on him. The Parron just puts his mouth on the ray and almost looks like he is scooting him away. I have had them together for quite a while and I have just noticed this lately. I was just wondering if anyone else has these fish and if they have had any problems with them.:screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
Dude i would say, you need to re-arrange your tank persay. .. Sometimes this will get a fish caught off guard, cuz his Territory was moved around... of this doesnt work...

First choose which fish you prefer having, Then get rid of the other...

Then get all new tankmates... ALways fun, but $$$$

Josh

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
tays use most of the tank so if you have any terratoryal fish you will always have problems

I31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
omni
The ray looks substantially larger then the paroon in the avatar but the constant scooting may be a problem. Had a paroon that consistantly harassed a fw flounder with the same actions. Should have removed the flounder but thought it could handle the constant stress. I was wrong.

jdepasqu2

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
philadelphia
When in doubt............, pull it out.....

It always seems like a great idea until ur expensive ray is dead....

Since most rays are somewhat expensive....., it is a good idea to keep them with just other rays..... my two cents...

JamieC77

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2006
Indiana
Yeah that's what I was starting to think, it just sucks cause I have had the shark for a long time and really hate to get rid of him, but rays are def my favorite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store