Shark supplements

Cichlid23

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
So I was looking into getting a shark, specify a marbled cat shark. And I read in multiple places that often in aquariums they fall short in needed vitamins. So to help with this people give them supplements in their food. My question is for one how necessary is this and where some good places to find them are, or if there's any you guys use and like? The only ones I've seen are the mazuri tablets which I've heard are really good but I want to look at other options too. I've also heard someone talk about liquid ones for sharks and was wondering if anyone knew where to find that?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So I was looking into getting a shark, specify a marbled cat shark. And I read in multiple places that often in aquariums they fall short in needed vitamins. So to help with this people give them supplements in their food. My question is for one how necessary is this and where some good places to find them are, or if there's any you guys use and like? The only ones I've seen are the mazuri tablets which I've heard are really good but I want to look at other options too. I've also heard someone talk about liquid ones for sharks and was wondering if anyone knew where to find that?

Please read the post by member zoodiver https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/coral-cat-shark.388955/

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
When i had mine id soak the cut fish in boyds. They loved whole crabs I'd feed a mix of frozen crabs and live mithrix crabs. Id gut load the mithrix crabs with lots of algae first. Id pick up mithrix from a local guy at frag swaps. Id qt them for a couple weeks and feed them heavily with fresh and dried algaes during that time. It was fun to watch them hunt the crabs. And the crab only cost about a $1 each. I figured it was a good treat every couple weeks. I had a coral, a bamboo, and an epilette. The bamboo and epilette hung out together while the coral hid in the rocks while "sleeping", all were pretty interactive and active.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store