Sharks and Rays with Cleaner Shrimp

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
All in all I'd stay away from invertebrates alot of them share the swimming level of the rays and sharks and you could end up with an expensive snack and a potentially sick shark or ray.

Reactions: tlindsey

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
And I'm more than happy to supply information. We are all here to either gain or give knowledge and if I can help even one person I consider that a very good thing.

rodolf

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2019
if you put too much invertebrates for your tank size, be sure sharks will eat them. I have 2 shrimps until 1 year with 2 sharks no problem. Sharks need shrimps for cleaning services, yes i mean sharks can count :)

Aquadog

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2009
CA
I've had Cleaner shrimps in my tank and they always get eaten, no matter how much I stuff the CA Ray, Bamboo, Coral Cat Sharks or Groupers I have in the tank with food. Tried dropping in replacement cleaner shrimp and seems they barely make to to the bottom before being slurped up. I gave up. But I have several XXL hermits and small hermits in the tank which are left alone till they try to swap shells. The grouper watch them as they swap and can swoop in and snatch them up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store