Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Cetopsis sp. 'Peruvian Blue Shark'

Not alot is known about this species, and I have no idea why. It is an amazing fish, and it should be a regular in most pet stores. It is super-active, always swimming, just like pangasius. They have an odd look to them, and wonderful coloration. I am surprised not alot of people have studied these fish thoroughly, and written articles about them! Check out the Pic and Video!!

We have a few left, $20/ea. We would be willing to give discounts on bulk orders for MFK members!! :)

http://www.xoticaquatix.com/BlueCaneros.MOV

canero sp.jpg

traumatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2005
michigan
my friend has one. It's very active. They require a large tank and heavy current. Recommended to be kept in schools. They are voracious eaters and have a tendency to overeat. They have pointy round teeth and do bite. I think they max out at 10". I'd def love a school of these guys for my 190 someday

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
I tried to get them to bite my hand, but they get about a half inch from it and turn directions.. I think they have an incredible sense of feel and taste, or use some sort of electrical sensory to navigate.

I think they would be cool in a large tank, with schools of other fast moving fish. An awesome display would be a school of black-bar silver dollars, blue caneros, and some misc mixed in.. :)

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
These Cetopsis cats are corpse feeders in the wild. They feed by tunneling into a larger animal's gut to feed from the inside out. They occupy fast flowing rivers so, ala traumatic, they need heavy current flow and high DO.

traumatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2005
michigan
they were on that discovery amazon abyss special. They are the fish (or something damn close) that were eating the bait fish they put on the mini submarine.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
They also don't mind cooler waters, which holds more DO ;) We got a nice big powerhead going on that tank ;)

FormulatedFire

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2005
Baltimore, Md
i remember those things from amazon abyss thats what they are??....those things were crazy

Waldo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Spokane WA
yep they are the ones that ripped into that sack with the dead fish inside like it was paper. Their teeth are razor sharp but like a shark they are set back into the head. I'm not afraid to put my hand in the tank but I've had one eat an adult cory at 5" and live to see another day.

vablackman26

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2006
Lynchburg, VA
I would like to know if you have any more to sell and how much it would be to buy and ship to Lynchburg VA. Also what are they eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store