Sharks love the new tank!

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Batfish are cool, but my wife really likes LDs. I think the key to succesful Monster Fish Keeping isnt just quality water, it's more of keeping the significant other interested an acceptance of our addiction!

If a few LDs do that for me, the mission continues to find a couple more.
Striated lockdowns are better than standards

Reactions: tlindsey

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Batfish are cool, but my wife really likes LDs. I think the key to succesful Monster Fish Keeping isnt just quality water, it's more of keeping the significant other interested an acceptance of our addiction!

If a few LDs do that for me, the mission continues to find a couple more.
Striated lockdowns are better than standards

Aquadog

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2009
CA
It's been a while since I updated. My tank has been in a holding pattern till I finished our floor. I pulled the rest of the carpet and acid stained the concrete. Came out nicer than I thought it would. I started skinning the tank this weekend. My bamboo shark is a truly tough shark. A while back he found the 4x3" hole in the top and managed to sail out of the tank and onto the floor. My son was home and was able to scoop it up and flop it back into the tank. Once the canopy is finished, should prevent any further escapes. Hard to believe he is almost 3 years old in Nov. Feels like yesterday he managed to get into the overflow of my old 300g and surf the drain down to the sump.

My pair of Coral Catsharks are breeding now. Have had 3 fertile eggs so far. One is in my wife's 5th Grade Class, gave one away and keeping the first in my sump to hatch. Maybe another month and it should be ready to pop out. Enjoy the pics

20181009_204706.jpg 20181009_204634.jpg

Aquadog

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2009
CA
That is a killer tank. Who doesn't love vsharks?

Thanks. Has been a lot of work up to this point, but well worth it when I can dip my hand into the tank and have the Bamboo shark come to me and let me pet it and rub it's belly. The Coral Catsharks are still scared of me, unless I'm holding a squid or chovie in my hand. Then they take it run!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Congrats on keeping and the breeding of the Marbled Catsharks. I love and miss having Catsharks but don't have the time. That pup looks so ready to hatch out from that egg case. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store