Shipping from aquascape- what did you pay?

AQUATiC213ZOMBiE

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2006
On The WestCoast
wolves are illegal in CA- please do not post about securing illegal fish on the forum. Thanks
Whoa~
Did not know that. Only things that came to mind that are illegal species in CALiFORNiA are, Fresh Water Rays, Piranha & Channa?

Sorry, "UnstoppableJayD" Thanks for pointing it out!

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Whoa~
Did not know that. Only things that came to mind that are illegal species in CALiFORNiA are, Fresh Water Rays, Piranha & Channa?
If only your list mirrored the state's list. Regretfully, such is not the case.

CALIFORNIA:

Prohibited fish species -- illegal to import, transport, or possess live specimens w/o a permit

(4) Class Agnatha - Jawless Fishes

(A) Family Petromyzontidae - Lampreys All nonnative species (D).

(5) Class Osteichthyes - Bony Fishes

(A) Family Percichthyidae - Temperate Basses

1. The species Morone americana (White perch) (D).

2. The species Morone chrysops (White bass) (D).

(B ) Family Clupeidae - Herrings Dorosoma cepedianum (Gizzard shad) (D).

(C ) Family Sciaenidae - Drums Aplodinotus grunniens (freshwater drum) (D).

(D) Family Characidae - Characins

1. Astyanax fasciatus (Banded tetra) (D).

2. All species of the genera Serrasalmus, Serrasalmo, Pygocentrus, Taddyella, Rooseveltiella, and Pygopristis (Piranhas) (D).

3. Hoplias malabaricus(Wolf fish) (D).

(E) Family Salmonidae - Trouts Salmo salar (Atlantic salmon) - Restricted in the Smith River watershed (D).

(F) Family Lepisosteidae - Gars All species (D).

(G) Family Amiidae - Bowfins All species (D).

(H) Family Poeciliidae - Livebearers Belonesox belizanus (Pike killifish) (D).

(I) Family Channidae - Snakeheads All species (D).

(J) Family Cyprinidae - Carps and Minnows

1. Leuciscus idus (ide) (D).

2. Ctenopharyngodon idellus (Grass carp) (D), except that permits may be issued to a person, organization or agency for possession of triploid grass carp, under conditions set forth in Section 238.6.

3. Hypophthalmichthys molitrix (Silver carp) (D).

4. Aristichthys nobilis (Bighead carp) (D).

(K) Family Trichomycteridae (Pygidiidae) - Parasitic Catfishes. All species (D).

(L) Family Cetopsidae - Whalelike Catfishes. All species (D).

(M) Family Clariidae - Labyrinth Catfishes All species of the genera Clarias, Dinotopterus, and Heterobranchus (D).

(N) Family Heteropneustidae (Saccobranchidae) - Airsac Catfishes All species (D).

(O) Family Cichlidae - Cichlids

1. Tilapia sparrmani (Banded Tilapia) (D).

2. Tilapia zilli (Redbelly tilapia) (D), except permits may be issued to a person or agency for importation, transportation, or possession in the counties of San Bernardino, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Diego, and Imperial.

3. Tilapia aurea (Blue tilapia) (D).

4. Tilapia nilotica (Nile tilapia) (D).

(P) Family Anguillidae - Freshwater Eels. All species of genus Anguilla (D).

(Q) Family Esocidae - Pikes all species (D).

(R ) Family Percidae - Perches

1. Perca flavescens (Yellow perch) (D).

2. Stizostedion vitreum (Walleye) (D).

(S) Family Catostomidae - Suckers All members of the genus Ictiobus (Buffalos) (D).

(T) Family Cyprinodontidae - Killifishes Cyprinodon variegatus (Sheepshead minnow) (D).

(6) Class Elasmobranchiomorphi - Cartilaginous Fishes

(A) Family Carcharhinidae - Requiem Sharks All species of genus Carcharhinus (Freshwater sharks) (D).

(B ) Family Potamotrygonidae - River stingrays All species (D).

Source: California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 671. These regulations are promulgated by the California Fish and Game Commission pursuant to statutory authority set forth in the California Fish and Game Code. (There's a statutory list too, but the one from the regulations is more complete. The statutes only contain the original list, whereas the regulations also include all species added by the Commission.)

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
lmfaoooo whatt.. that makes no sense. why would the common mal be banned and not the others? lol.. the others are more interesting anways! but i grew out of the wolf phase. As for shipping from pedro, did a shipping once from nj to nj before i knew they were located in NJ.... was about 50$

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well,I just recieved my order from Aquascape,a fine young fire eel and another black ear to add to my group.They both look great and shipping was around thirty bucks...I even got a follow up call from Nicole which was nice.My suggestion is if they happen to have what you want and it is legal in your area then you might as well go on and order it.

dat_tiger

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
boston
Well,I just recieved my order from Aquascape,a fine young fire eel and another black ear to add to my group.They both look great and shipping was around thirty bucks...I even got a follow up call from Nicole which was nice.My suggestion is if they happen to have what you want and it is legal in your area then you might as well go on and order it.
that's not bad at all. Was this for overnight delivery or 2nd day?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
My jag cat being delivered today. $69 for overnight shipping.

There's nothing like adding to cart, buying and having it at ur house the next day.

Like fast food but for fish (not so fast).

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
My jag cat being delivered today. $69 for overnight shipping.

There's nothing like adding to cart, buying and having it at ur house the next day.

Like fast food but for fish (not so fast).
If it comes in dead you have sushi so kind of like fast food...lol

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store