Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Shipping Live Fish

Discussion in 'MFK Marketplace : Buy and Sell' started by Oddball, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Calihawk

Calihawk Plecostomus

Jan 16, 2019
      If I do you better ship me a good fish!!!

2. piranhafanclub

piranhafanclub Feeder Fish

Dean
      Feb 28, 2014
      Priceless Information ! Thanks

3. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Zach
      Jun 4, 2015
      Great stuff. Maybe folks won't be so hesitant to ship. I've done it for 25+ years. I have never lost a fish yet. Shipping or receiving. It's like riding a bike ,after 1-3 times it's really gravy to do. Thanks for the information/reading material.

4. Alex209

Alex209 Feeder Fish

Alejandro
      Sep 23, 2017
      Great info!

5. Oddball

Oddball Administrator
      Staff Member

If there's BBQ, I'll answer to any name
      Jan 18, 2019
      Pure O2 is preferred over regular room air which contains only ~21% O2. Keep in mind that even a short trip of, say, 3 hours means the fish has been in a jostling bag for upwards of 3 to 5 times, or more, the travel time from initial bagging, transport to shipping facility, the actual travel, wait and processing time by the shipper, and pick up and travel to final destination. And, finally, the acclimation time at the destination.
      In overseas travel, fish can be transported several times, by different carriers, through trans-shippers where the fish are resorted prior to the last leg of their travel. Here, the fish are usually given a partial water change and possibly a rebagging before going to the wholesalers or end customers on custom orders.
      Using pure O2 makes the stress of travel easier on the fish. Especially if there is a schedule interruption or delay in getting the fish to their destination.

Dieselhybrid likes this.
    6. Aeromis

Aeromis Feeder Fish

Aeromis
      Aug 16, 2018
      Anyone with an idea where I can get an African fresh water Atlantic tarpon I really want another one for mine to be with... and no not idno message me if you know somewhere that will ship to me