Shipping out fish - Tips and Suggestions

snaggle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jungle;2423234; said:
How does shipping fish to another country work?
It depends on lots of things, you will need and export permit and an in some cases an inport permit, as well as posabley having to have a CITIES permit.

I have had fish shiped to me from the US before and I need to have a US Fish and Wildlife permit and then just an inport inspection when they got to Canada. I have never had any CITES fish shiped to me.

Jungle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
Philippines
An import permit in my country is not that hard to get. Am I the one that needs to get the export permit from the country I'm getting the fish from? Wouldn't the company that handles the order be the one that would have to provide that? How long was your fish in transit?

boy96792

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2008
San Bernardino
Ok, my question is unless I missed it somewhere in this thread, bringing my Jag's and JD's to california from Hawaii was easy. But now I'm being transfered back to Hawaii. I don't want to part with them and my Jag's are a breeding pair. How and what do I need to do or get to bring them home with me:confused:

jerzyperson

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Indiana
how would shipping from canada to here work? i am trying to find out how to ship a fish that i am buying and none of us know how to ship it.

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
I would think it would depend on several factors, like how stressed it is,what type of fish, size of fish, size of bag or whatever your shipping it in, water quality, .....

Scubarod

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2007
Stoon
yes very interesting..but what is exactly bag buddy???

Rod

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store