Shipping sharks

Stephen Clark

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Interested into how you guys are shipping these animals. I have had small coral cats, etc shipped via UPS. I am curious how you would go about shipping a larger animal like a 3 foot dogfish. I recently set up a 2k gallon shark pond and plan on stocking it with a bunch of baby doggies. If I were to share the wealth and mail some to friends I just need to know a safe and reliable method.

For venomous snakes I have always used Delta dash, but that is a pain having to drive to the airport for pickup. Just trying to weigh my options as far as cost to transport and what the lowest mortality rates would be.

I am aware I will be required to get permits to be able to collect them if it is for commercial use. Waiting on a response about that part currently.

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
I assume you are going to have to do airport to airport or have someone drive it but I really know crap about shipping 3ft dogfish. The elasmobranch husbandry guide has a section on shipping. Check out the stickies in this subforum it is up there.

Reactions: tlindsey

Riley S

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2014
Minneapolis
I would also assume airport to airport is the best option. The amount of water needed to properly ship a three foot shark is going to weigh the box enough to make overnight shipping with Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS cost prohibitive to most people.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store