Short body American Flagtails

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
TBH I didn't even know there were short body Flagtails, but a little research shows they've been around for a while, they're just quite rare. Came across these on being sold on FB, they disappeared very quickly.

Personally I prefer regular Flagtails but these are also beautiful and might be a better option for someone who has a large but maybe not monster-sized tank -- I wonder how big short body Flagtails get?

Reactions: moe214 and Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Hmm. Not sure how I feel about short body fish tbh. If it is naturally occurring that’s cool but when people purposely breed them to have deformities that limit their days, I feel like it is kinda shifty.

They look cool tho I suppose. I really like ft’s. I’m starting to have maybe even too many of them. Lol.

Ty for the heads up.

Reactions: islandguy11

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Hmm. Not sure how I feel about short body fish tbh. If it is naturally occurring that’s cool but when people purposely breed them to have deformities that limit their days, I feel like it is kinda shifty.

They look cool tho I suppose. I really like ft’s. I’m starting to have maybe even too many of them. Lol.

Ty for the heads up.
Yes in general that's my same thoughts about short bodies Matthew, though for some reason I naively just assumed these were natural variants and didn't consider they might even more likely be line bred that way. But it also raises the question of why they're quite rare -- maybe it's difficult to make nice ones, with most coming out deformed or not nice looking, I don't have a clue.

• Wow
Reactions: moe214 and Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store