short body jewel cichlids?

fishRstressful

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2019
Fish Gallery in the woodlands has some HUGE and amazing aquariums you can just marvel at. Set ups and equipment are in the front. Fish are in the back. This is the place I originally saw the ballon jewel cichlids.

That Aquarium Place has more variety in my opinion. But it’s solely about the fish. No extravagant displays. Just fish. And they have SO MANY!! I bought the majority of my cichlids amongst other fish from this place. I just got a strawberry peacock and a dragon blood and they are some of the most vibrant bright pink ever. I’ve heard some places, the fish are on hormones so the colors fade. But none of the stores I’ve mentioned does this happen. What you buy is the legit color.

Another place I go is Aqua Aquarium. Some of the most gorgeous peacock cichlids ever here. Plus delhezi bichirs. Large ones for reasonable prices. He also sells some unique fish. I remember he had some blood parrots that were red and faded into white towards the tail. Stunning.

Those are my 3 favorite LFS that have great prices and amazing fish. Very knowledgeable folks and they will let you know if what you plan on doing is a good idea or not.

Sometimes I hit all 3 because they carry some different strains of certain fish that I’ve never seen.

I’m very fish broke because of these places. :). But so worth it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store