Shortbody flowerhorn swimming upside down

shami

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2011
india
Dear Fishkeepers,

My shortbody flower horn started swimming sideways and upside down since this morning. She was fine till last night.

I do NOT think her tummy/stomach is bloated, because it looks the same size to me as it was few days/weeks ago. My Fishstore suggested changing the water, so I did about 70% water change, and filled in mineral water. I also added 3 spoonful of rock salt, and increased the temperature to 27 degrees.

I am not sure if this is Swimbladder disease, as it should cause the tummy to bloat up. I am really clueless, and feeling miserable.

Can any of you please, please help!?

Thanks in advance,
Shami.

shami

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2011
india
Guys,

Anyone please help me. I've increased the temperature to 28 degrees, did a partial water change, and added some epsom salt. Also reduced water current a little.

Shami.

leon1355

Feeder Fish
Dec 25, 2011
Tehran
Hi Dear Shami
my Flower Box have same problem i just bought 3 of them and added to my tank but one of them started to do this behavior from begining and as i noticed its getting worse and fish doesnt eat , i was totaly sure my other nasty fishes will eat him alive i moved him into another tank and added amount of "bactapour from serra" i am not sure it works but he is still alive
i would be happy if someone answer this as mine also doesnt have bloat!
many thanks
Br

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
I would advice you to slowly decrease the temp to the normal range.. Since you are living in India, it's not necessary to turn on the heater..
Next, reduce the water till the level is about the same height as your fish & DO NOT add epsom salt.. & do a 30~50% water change daily..
Make sure the tank is oxygenized by adding air bubbles or if you have a powerhead, attach a tube to the air inlet..

Also DO NOT attempt to feed it until it recovers..

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
Sorry for your sick fish. i do not now that much about this desise it might be too late. try to find a swim blatter med. If there is one G0od Luck!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store