Should I buy lenticulata or strigata?

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Gorgeous. They look so similar in ways to the Rio Tapajos marms. . . very cool. Unless the Rio Tapajos marms are actually strigata! Dun dun dun!!!!

I had some pikes a few years ago that I believe they might have actually been a species of strigata. They came from Rio Tocantins supposedly. I think Rapps might have gotten in the same fish, or similar, and was selling them as 'red fin lugubris' or something, can't remember.

Unfortunately only one picture was still working, I think I did the rest on photobucket and deleted them so they are gone now. :(

rivers.jpg

Tyranno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2010
Copenhagen
www.Rovfisk.dk
Thanks for the pics guys.

I dont know the exact size of either species, all I know is that I can get 1/4 box as minimum and 1/4 contains 15 lents or 25 strigata, so I assume that the lents are a bit larger. I get them directly from Columbia so I doubt I can get them to send pics.. The lents cost 3 times more than strigata, that makes me doubt that its the real strigata when you guys say that its so rare.

I bought a lot of fish from them before and they allways delivered what they promised. This time its so cheap that I have to buy, lents are 10 USD a piece, strigata are 3 USD.
All in all I got around 3500 liter at home and Im building a 3000+ liter tank in a few months, so theres plenty of room. But I will probably only keep 8-10 lents when they get big. (need room for my johannas and Xingu I too).

I promise to post a few pics when they arrive around 3/2:).

Thanks again guys!

Scatocephalus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2004
Rio Negro
I'd almost be willing to bet my left nut that what they are selling as strigata are really sp. "Venezuela".

Strigata come from Brazil, not Columbia.

Tyranno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2010
Copenhagen
www.Rovfisk.dk
Scatocephalus;4818717; said:
I'd almost be willing to bet my left nut that what they are selling as strigata are really sp. "Venezuela".

Strigata come from Brazil, not Columbia.
I think you got a very good point there! Going for lents for sure:headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store