SHOW ME YOUR BLACK TIP SHARKS.

Jabba954

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2009
Bay Area
How big's that lagoon turbo? How do you like lagoon vs. tank? Any concerns about jumping out? I'm tempted to build a short term lagoon while my big tank is being constructed (and taking longer than anticipated - freakin county permitting going around and around).

turbo253

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
new york
Its 18' round and 4' deep. Its actually an above ground pool I set up with a pond liner. Looking in from above is not too bad but I would much rather have a big window. I have plans to build a big tank in the future but this was a cheap and quick way to have some thing pretty big. When I am not around I cover the top with plastic mesh. One thing I did do though is put a window in where the skimmer box cut out was so you can take a little peek it there.

Jabba954

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2009
Bay Area
Interesting... I have the same plan for while my big tank is cycling.

turbo253

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
new york
Thanks polish

Jabba
the swimming pool thing works great. Plus you can still stick a small window in there. Just make sure you use a real above ground pool and not one of those intex pools.
If you have any questions about it let me know.

Also in person the water is a lot clearer the I phone makes it look cloudy. I should just break down and buy a real camera. Lol

Delhezi B

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2009
Southeast pa
turbo253;4022623; said:
Here is a window shot
man josh the shark looks great! thats a seriously awesome setup

whats the tankmates for that thing? i see a panther and a...jack or something?

turbo253

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
new york
Thanks Dom. Sorry I never got back to you. (the tiger fish killed the armatus. I got a bigger one though)
Anyway that is a pilot fish plus he has a couple other shark buddies in there. Lemon, 7 gill, and a nurse.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store