Show Me Your Sting ray tank

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Its easier to keep the tanks clean without sand. I used to have sand in my growout tank but then i got tired of vacuuming the sand so i took it all out and now im starting to get some nice brownalgae on the bottom instead :headbang2
I have a thick layer of sand and have no issues have a lot of fish with my ray that pick at the bottom.

Reactions: LBDave

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
I have a thick layer of sand and have no issues have a lot of fish with my ray that pick at the bottom.
Ive never had issues with sand. I just got tired of cleaning the sand every now and then. Since its only a growout tank i tend to feed heavy everyday so its easier to keep the tank clean without substrate

Reactions: Matteus

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Ive never had issues with sand. I just got tired of cleaning the sand every now and then. Since its only a growout tank i tend to feed heavy everyday so its easier to keep the tank clean without substrate
Yah my ray burries himself in the sand and comes out when hes hungry. I love how hes starting to climb the tank more gotta get the suction cups for my pvc heater guard asap.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Yah my ray burries himself in the sand and comes out when hes hungry. I love how hes starting to climb the tank more gotta get the suction cups for my pvc heater guard asap.
My old motoromales used to swim around constantly untill he had been eating then burry himself.

And as for the sand i think it is more eastethicaly pleasing to my eyes but as i said in a growout tank i tend to feed heavy so i like the simplicity of just doing 80% wc twice a week and just scoop the poop up with a net. Down with an eheim 1262 pump and a hose and drain the tank in a couple of minutes.

'Merica

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2016
Northern Idaho
I'm at work right now and these are older pics. I have since added more sand to the substrate and have ordered some Manzanita driftwood that hasn't arrived yet. I've selected the biggest Rio Branco Oscar to keep in here and have 1 in a 125 and 2 more in a 600 gallon pond. I'm running 5 fx6s on the 300 currently as the holes were patched before I bought it.

IMG_3179.JPG

IMG_3193.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store