Show off your African Riverine and Madagascar pics

Frostyone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2008
Baltimore
Here's my small spot Pollenii (he's much darker than you can tell in pics, damn flash) and my breeding pair of Jewels

I like those Buffaloheads Mike, interesting fish

Jewels 003.jpg

pollenii.jpg

lostnight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2006
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Thanks for the comments guys, hopefully he'll look that good again when I move him into another aquarium someday, my breeding pair of Caquetaia spectabiles have him hiding in his cave a lot. He does not appear to be beat up, just submissive.

lostnight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2006
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Here are some pics of two Hemichromis frempongis I used to have. They are both dead now. I tried to put put the male (the bigger one with more red) in the female's aquarium back in October 2007, these are pictures taken back then. They squared off and did some fighting, I figured it was just a mating ritual. But the smaller female killed the male in a stunning turn of events. Months later, the female committed suicide (jumped out). So out of my group of 6 I had 0 left for a while. I got three little ones in June, they are growing nicely in my 150, and I'll post pics of them some other day. These pics aren't too good, but I guess frempongi pics aren't that common.

These two pics are of the fatal fight that killed the male. She didn't rip the male apart, I think she just probably damaged a vital organ on him, because I removed him after the fight because he was acting very sluggish, and he died a few days later.

The female was previously abused by the male when they were housed together, you can see her torn fins, they have grown back a lot in this pic.

The male, and my avatar pic.

The male again.

Reactions: 5 Spot Junkie

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
My 10" Paratilapia Polleni

P1110859.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com