Show us you indoor ponds

King Edward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Heres mine, 200 US gallons. Filter is the hydroponics pod. If it works it'll grow. The two elbow joints are stuffed with pot scrubbies (~10 gallons) which I wish I hadnt done cause if they clog the pond will end up on the bedroom floor! I was going to fill the tube with gravel, but made some gravel filter beds and they all clogged very quickly, then read an aussie site where the guy had filled 100's of meters and had to empty the whole lot 3 months later. If I can find some 25mm gravel I'll put that in.

Picture 031.jpg

Reactions: J. H.

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
The best home made filter i had was like this i made it out of a plastic storage box the water was pumped up then just run trough a Trickle Filter i added an over flow to it just incase the thing gets bloked can use pot scrubbers rather than bio balls even cheaper

tricklefilter1.jpg

King Edward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
The overflows a good idea. Wish I'd thought first. The scrubbies were going to be at the bottom of the waterbut but along with lava rock as Dr Joe suggested, but I didnt find any and my pirhana tank sprang a leak so he got moved in there sharpish! Now hes in there I didnt wanna mess round in the bottom lol!

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
King Edward;1546649; said:
The overflows a good idea. Wish I'd thought first. The scrubbies were going to be at the bottom of the waterbut but along with lava rock as Dr Joe suggested, but I didnt find any and my pirhana tank sprang a leak so he got moved in there sharpish! Now hes in there I didnt wanna mess round in the bottom lol!
i made it out of one of these

give it a go they work well and a cheap fix i used plastic conduit as the solid pipe and spray bar.

King Edward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Difficult to plant the plants in though! I would build one if I wasnt going down the aquaponics route.

Falz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Nice ponds

Reactions: Dial92

Falz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Nice ponds!

amehel1

Banned
Feb 27, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
post whore^^^^lol. cant wait to get my ponds. just out of curiosity scotty what brand preform pond did u use(or if its for agriculture wadever
just tell me who built it

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
amehel1;1558144; said:
post whore^^^^lol. cant wait to get my ponds. just out of curiosity scotty what brand preform pond did u use(or if its for agriculture wadever
just tell me who built it
Thats Stotty;)

i cant tell you the make of mine as i dont know :D but i know laguna ponds make one not so big but they do one like it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store