Show us you indoor ponds

bigdaddycool

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Philippines
pingel;3183202; said:

omg you are proof it is possible - have been planning to build one of these recently... just didn't think it was possible. what's in this pond?

Gearhead

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
In the garage
Cant wait to get started on my indoor pond after seeing all these. Probably wont be as impresive as most of yours;).

doubledragon

The House Of Endlie
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
ohio
Great pond's everybody. For those that have shown theirs. I tried to start a indoor pond thread along time ago and it didn't float. I don't understand why the indoor people dont jump on the bandwagon like the outdoor people.
My excuse is that I don't know how to post pics yet. What is everybody elses excuse???

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
doubledragon;3400036; said:
Great pond's everybody. For those that have shown theirs. I tried to start a indoor pond thread along time ago and it didn't float. I don't understand why the indoor people dont jump on the bandwagon like the outdoor people.
My excuse is that I don't know how to post pics yet. What is everybody elses excuse???
It's not hard at all, click 'go advanced' then click attachments in the list of options. Use the browser to find your picture on your computer then upload it.

I once had a kiddie pool for under $10 in one of my bedrooms. It held about 80 gallons. I wish I could get a much bigger pond someday.

bykerdellic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2009
west yorkshire
these are a few pics of my indoor combined tropical pond and tank system. it is based around my custom built octagonal aquarium of around 700l

i designed this tank myself. it is made of non magnetic marine stainless steel with a solid steel base with 10mm plate glass panes. the base has two inlets a flow which is connected to the pump in the pond and the return overflow which feeds the veg filter. the tank is lit by a 250w mh lamp and houses a small shoal of apollo sharks, a large silver shark, a plec and a large synodontis and up untill recently a male green terror(sadly died at the age of 10) and a SA antenna cat of which im not sure of the name(will post pic for id elsewhere on MFK)
the veg filter is based on a hydroponic tank consisting of a perforated planter which sits on a reservoir this has a 2" pipe connected which takes the flow to the top of the waterfall

the veg filter is filled with hydroton clay pellets and planted with peace lillys.

at the bottom of the waterfall is the pond, a second hand ebay bargin of approx 800l this is well planted with a big amazon sword, anubia,vallis and a few crypto's as well as java fern and moss.apart from afor mentioned catfish stock is light with corys,ancistrus, various characins and barbs. lighting is natural sunlight suplimented with 4 t8 48" tubes(6400k). heating is 1x 200w summer, 400w winter pH is stable at 7.8 temp 29c EC 0.4

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store