Show us your africans and convicts!

Christophercanary

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2015
Share pictures! Who likes keeping these fish together? How well do they do together?

how do mbuna cichlids respond to convict cichlids and vice-versa?

Thanks,
C.

Stephen St.Clair

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Although its possible to keep African Cichlids & New Worlds together, its usually not a good idea. Although Convicts are fiesty, aggressive little guys, IMO, they really aren't equipted to handle the type of aggression that a full grown male Kenyi or similar Mbuna might dish out.

Christophercanary

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2015
Although its possible to keep African Cichlids & New Worlds together, its usually not a good idea. Although Convicts are fiesty, aggressive little guys, IMO, they really aren't equipted to handle the type of aggression that a full grown male Kenyi or similar Mbuna might dish out.
Thanks for the input! I was wondering what the aggression comparison was for full grown adult cichlids. Nice pictures! although they don't relate to the topic, what a sight for sore eyes! They look like frontosa, am I right?

C.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
In my experience of keeping convicts with Africans. The convicts will win in the long run. They maybe little but they have a big attitude. Mine used to bully my 14 inch giant gourami along with everyone else in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store