Show your current reps

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Me either, what do baby blackthroats look like?
Ok doesn't look blackthroat, keep in mind savannah monitors like about 40 percent humidity and eat a mostly insect diet, avoid to many rodents in diet (if any).
I would also introduce the sav to the tortoises so they get used to each other (monitor them at first).

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Me either, what do baby blackthroats look like?
Ok doesn't look blackthroat, keep in mind savannah monitors like about 40 percent humidity and eat a mostly insect diet, avoid to many rodents in diet (if any).
I would also introduce the sav to the tortoises so they get used to each other (monitor them at first).

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That is what I know about them as well.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

weston

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
It’s setup should be fine I’m following care guides I found online from reputable sources including diet, temp, and humidity all are kept as recommended for savanna monitors. He has been eating a variety of insects with very little frozen thawed meats or live rodents in his diet. He is growing and filling out nicely just wondering about those markings and coloration as they seem completely different then other Savanna monitors I’ve seen in the past.

Lol, I’m not sure about putting him anywhere near my tortoises. I think I’ll keep him in the other room in his enclosure for now. Maybe once they are all a decent size and he’s out of quarantine I’ll take him out in the yard with them on a day he’s been well fed and is on a harness.

FESHMAN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Q8
I purchased the Mali Uromastyx from pet store. Where do you live?
Kuwait, they are also scattered in other Gulf countries. We call them ضب and believe it or not some people eat those..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store