Show your king Kong Parrots!!

mudskipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Hastings, NE
OK, someone just said they payed $150.00 for there kk parrot. I take a look at the pics and It looked very simalar to my 10 inch BP. I am starting to think it could be a KK. The funny thing is, the lfs ordered a small one for a display, got that one by mistake, wanted it gone, so they sold me a 10" blood parrot for only $20. I thought It was a great deal then, but If its also a kk then that would be great. I would like to see a few pics of KKs to descide if mine could be one.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
mudskipper said:
OK, someone just said they payed $150.00 for there kk parrot. I take a look at the pics and It looked very simalar to my 10 inch BP. I am starting to think it could be a KK. The funny thing is, the lfs ordered a small one for a display, got that one by mistake, wanted it gone, so they sold me a 10" blood parrot for only $20. I thought It was a great deal then, but If its also a kk then that would be great. I would like to see a few pics of KKs to descide if mine could be one.
That "someone" would probably be me. A Blood Parrot is not the same as a King Kong Parrot. Nor would the price be the same. ;)

mudskipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Hastings, NE
yes that would be you. kk parrots and blood parrots are related though right? What Is your opinon on the parentege of The king kongs? Also what size is yours?

discusfreak2005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
cape coral, florida
whats the difference parent-wise of the reg blood parrots and the king kong parrots? what are they hybrids of?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
mudskipper said:
yes that would be you. kk parrots and blood parrots are related though right? What Is your opinon on the parentege of The king kongs? Also what size is yours?

Yes i knew it was me . :) related in the sense that they may share some "parents" but KK parrots have a strong midas quality than KK parrots. Mine is about 10-12 inches. But they are not the same.

some examples of KK Parrots

(Borrowed from the parrot cichlid page )

Here are regular BP Parrots

mudskipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Hastings, NE
I will try to get some pics up. but make a judement based on descreption for now: 9-10", Whatever-it's-called hump (not as large as in some of those pics but still noticeable), dorsal and anal fins reaching tail end, pure orange (kind of a iredescent orange to stomach) I have not seen BP that large and is there any BP with head-humps? the bad thing is he is always moving so I am having deficulty taking pics.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store