KP-are more like the red devil
BP-are the stupid retart ones

dark_aLLeY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2005
somewhere along the equator
mudskipper said:
OK, someone just said they payed $150.00 for there kk parrot. I take a look at the pics and It looked very simalar to my 10 inch BP. I am starting to think it could be a KK. The funny thing is, the lfs ordered a small one for a display, got that one by mistake, wanted it gone, so they sold me a 10" blood parrot for only $20. I thought It was a great deal then, but If its also a kk then that would be great. I would like to see a few pics of KKs to descide if mine could be one.
A BP normally have a head that is beak-like shape and mouth which cannot close...

A KKP from juvenile, have a sharper head...and will develope a hump on the head as it grows up...thus, more expensive.

Paintsn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2006
LoNg BeAcH, cA.
here are several pic of my female kkp ... actually the difference that i see as of a kkp to a bp is that KKp are basically higher quality parrot fish , just as of AAA's parrot like Darmos and Mammons.. for they comes from selective breeding somewhat of the same breeds but are picked out due to their qualities and traits..

and no not all kkp and or bp have humps..

post-2191-1138660019[1].jpg

post-2191-1138660031[1].jpg

post-2191-1138660096[1].jpg

Paintsn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2006
LoNg BeAcH, cA.
and this is not a very good pic of my bp but you could see the difference..she wasnt wounded by my golden zz that you see there.. she was brought back from a friend that borrowed her for breeding.. guess she had a rough time with them...but her tails and fins are clean now.. so dont worry bout how she looks right there..

post-2191-1137564878[1].jpg

phreakyfaerie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
michigan
thought these were funny, this is what came up on google for parrot fish

parrot fish.jpg

fishy.jpg

ooooh.jpg

mudskipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Hastings, NE
pantsn, mine looks exactly lice yours only it is a more vibrant orange, but it was peach colored at the lsf. It is probably the lighting. Another thing that might have brought out its color was the diet. It would not be that fond of tubifex, pellets, ect., he would only eat flakes, with suck a large fish I figured he would either starve, or noy be able to compete with faster tank mates. He is on a diet of live crickets. As far as the mouth closing thing: he is able to close half his mouth, making him look somewhat like a bad vantrelaquist, the mouth is in the shape of an upside-down triangle. Thank you for confirming this to me that I got a 10" kk parrot for $20!!!! I think I will get some of Neko,s Flower horns for tankemates. :headbang2 :headbang2 :thumbsup:

Paintsn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2006
LoNg BeAcH, cA.
sorry to say bro..but i really do think that yours is considered a BP due to the mouth.. for KKP's mouth are not triangular shaped, and as it is BP do grow large also.. and often are misinterpretted as KKP.. and also KKPs body are more of midas typed Fh's.. and not of a short round body that makes them hard to swim.... could you please post up a pic of your fish so we could get a better understanding.. sorry if i have not seen your kkp

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Nice parrots.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store