sick angels help quickly plz

philhawk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2006
bellevue, ne
i have four angels in my tank a zebra striped a marbled and two pearl scaled ive had them for over a month now the two pearl scales are swimming very strangely the one is leaned up against the side of the tank at the surface and the other is completly on his side at the surface and both seem to be breathing fin and every once and a while the one swimming sideways will right himself and swim at the surface correctly for about a second. any ideas!!!? what it is how to help em.
my ammonia is 0ppm, i just ran out of nitrate and trite test strips, i hesitate to do a large water change because of the other tank inhabitints (2 other angels a balla, a clown knife and a pleco). since they are doing fine i set up my 2.5gal tank and used water from the 75gal to fill it. one of the angels has made a miraculous recovery not a complete one but is swimming upright but doesnt swim away from the surface much. i got jungel fugus eliminator and added it to the 2.5 gal and put the sick angel in there. he is currently breathing shallowly and laying on his side on the bottom. every few minutes he will struggle a bit and get off the bottom.

smmfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
NEBRASKA
i have four angels in my tank a zebra striped a marbled and two pearl scaled ive had them for over a month now the two pearl scales are swimming very strangely the one is leaned up against the side of the tank at the surface and the other is completly on his side at the surface and both seem to be breathing fin and every once and a while the one swimming sideways will right himself and swim at the surface correctly for about a second. any ideas!!!? what it is how to help em.
my ammonia is 0ppm, i just ran out of nitrate and trite test strips, i hesitate to do a large water change because of the other tank inhabitints (2 other angels a balla, a clown knife and a pleco). since they are doing fine i set up my 2.5gal tank and used water from the 75gal to fill it. one of the angels has made a miraculous recovery not a complete one but is swimming upright but doesnt swim away from the surface much. i got jungel fugus eliminator and added it to the 2.5 gal and put the sick angel in there. he is currently breathing shallowly and laying on his side on the bottom. every few minutes he will struggle a bit and get off the bottom.
Why do you hesitate to do a large water change? I think that would help the situation a bit, I have angels too, and have not had any trouble with them though, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store