Sick Ansorgii??

Keeper of the Ropes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2006
Texas
Okay, I mentioned this earlier after I got the net back and no one really hit on it so I'm bringing it up again, because it's back.

Now, keep in mind, I'm not entirely sure she's sick, per se. She eats like always and is still fairly active. But I swear, it looks like she's shedding. I might be able to get pics but I'm not sure how clear they'll be. There are chunks of something, be it slime coat or other, that hang off her body. Like a clear film. Then it falls off and drifts around the tank until it gets stuck on something.

Anne? Anyone? If you've seen this or think you know what it is, please let me know. I don't like having the pride of my collection looking like a snake shedding it's skin... it worries me.

<*(KEEPER><<

Razman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
NoVa
im not good with this kind of stuff so im sorry cant help:(. but i really hope she gets better soon:(.

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
One sign of a stressed bichir is usually overproduction of its slimecoat.It should stop as the bichir settles innthis could take several weeks-Anne

I had a Lap do the same thing once took it almost a month for it to fully settle in

Keeper of the Ropes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2006
Texas
MelaFix, but not too much. She's looking fine again. She had it bad when we first brought her home, and then I changed her tank. So it must be the stress thing. She's staying in the tank she's at now, so that's that. I hope.

XRAYZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Tucson, AZ
glad to hear she is doing better.
post some pics when u get a chance plz :D

deangelo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2006
Pilipinas/ Los Angeles
thats stress lost my endli to that condition...wouldnt eat turned pale whitish then developed this slime coat condition...keep her relaxed no lighting and cover the tank if possible to reduce stress...best of luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store