Sick goldfish

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
He is continue to imrove, spending more and more time active and less time "sleeping"
The fin rot is still present , not progressing much and another thing is the flashing, that never went away but now as he regaining energy he is doing it more. Im assuming that he had a few external parasites that also caused infection and septicemia, and the antibitic treatment improved the septecimia{also no more bloody patches on him} and probebly some of the parasite ,but theres still someone there who isnt responding to salt or prazi, maybe costia.. tommorow im finishing the current treatment of the antibitics and im thinking wether i should stop with them and start a malachite green+formalin treatment, continue with antibiotics and wait with the parasitic treatment
Theres also an option to treat with mthylene blue insteade of malchit+formalin, which i know is ok to use with those antibiotics and then to continue with them as well.
What do you think?

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
Hi, so after the improvment ive finished the treatment with the prazi,levamisole,methylene blue , kanaplex and furanol. He was active and eating, starting to gain weight, still had fin rt and a very big open wound under one of his fins,and he was still flashing. On saturday i started a treatment with Kordon rid ick containing malachit green and formalin. During the first 24 hours the flashing was gone and the next day the wound atrated to look better. The medication directions are to treat every 24 hours ,and repeat as needed so i treated it 3 times untill tuesday. on tuesday night {the med is still in the water} ive noticed white poop coming out and a bit of fast breathing. the next day the breathing got worse and he was less in to food and today he is gasping on the surface, not interested in food and had a really long and nasty white stringy poop.
In the last few days i did WC every day and parameters was always 0,0,5.
I dont know if i should restart with the rid ick again perhaps in higer dose option or to switch to an internal parasite treatment{prazi/levamisole} or maybe and antibiotics again.. What do you think?
also i read in some article tat formalin and malacite green can cause demage to the gills, cn this be what happened with him?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
That’s plenty of abx and I’d just give the fish a break with meds. If it’s getting worse then try reducing stress and provide clean water.

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
He is gettig worse... The water is clean, i dont understand what do you meed by reducing stress.. hes in a well oxigenated tank, with hiding spots and platic plants.. no stressors around

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Try not to mess with tank so much. Dim lights. Reduce current if it’s in the tank. Don’t think anymore antibiotics or meds will do any good. If it’s getting worse and u given a broad spectrum of meds and nothing left to give.... bad to say but euthanizing the fish may be the only/next option. It takes 2 to tango......As much as meds can do if the fish don’t respond then nothing will work. Maybe someone can come up with a better answer. Sorry to hear it’s worsening.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store