Silver Arowana & African Arowana

sheajared

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Hi, up at a fish store near me, they have small silver arowanas and small African arowanas. They are each around 3"-4".

Would it be okay to house these 2 together?

They will be going int a 29 gallon for a little over a month with no other tankmates. After that, into a 75 gallon with TBD tankmates, and lastly into a 300+ gallon aquarium with the same tankmates from the 75 gallon.

Thanks.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
yes they should be fine. i have seen them together and after my afro aro grows some will be doing that mix.

sheajared

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Stillwater, MN
I've had lots of troubles with water parameters spiking and killing fish when I add new ones. If I get both of these at the same time, with any empty 29 gallon with one TopFin 29 and one TopFin 20, will this be a problem? If so, how can I prevent it?

Nelsonthefishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hi, up at a fish store near me, they have small silver arowanas and small African arowanas. They are each around 3"-4".

Would it be okay to house these 2 together?

They will be going int a 29 gallon for a little over a month with no other tankmates. After that, into a 75 gallon with TBD tankmates, and lastly into a 300+ gallon aquarium with the same tankmates from the 75 gallon.

Thanks.
OP, how did this work out for you?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store