Silver Arowanas in a 10,000 liters

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
Hi you all,

a video of my tank, with mainly Silver Arowanas... I'd like to have your opinion on the "drop eye" of my 3 fish...

and also exchange informations on grow rate & feeding...

they grew fast from 8 cm to 75 cm in less than 3 years... and they seem to slow down with grow rate now... of course, I feed only 3-4 times a week now, but still... It seems they eat less and with less appetite... any idea ?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Great setup , the drop eye doesn't look bad on any of the fish really considering the size of them and there silvers , ive seen lots of silvers at 24"+ with terrible de yours dont seem bad at all from the video shots nice work :) the jardini ive kept in the past ive fed less times a week as they grow but bigger meals

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
i can't give bigger meals because of the stingrays and the cichlas... they eat till they'd die... that's why I give less, but often...

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
thanks for your opinion on the drop eyes... I haven't checked the videos, but you probably saw the "right side" as the opposite side is very well "dropped" indeed... but it doesn't seem to disturb them at all... they still hunt above surface, they still chase after cichla if necessary (feeding territory) and they never ever miss a frog when I put 2-3 in the tank... even if the frogs try to escape by climbing on plants...

forgot to say that the 2 males are now around 85 cm... and the female is more than 95 cm :eek:

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Very nice set up. Your arowanas are nice and thick. 10.000 L Is 2641 gal :eek: Masive water wolume :)

Reactions: Matteus

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
10.000 L Is 2641 gal :eek: Masive water wolume :)
you're absolutely right... I realized my mistake too late to edit the title... and I still don't know how to do that afterwards...

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Everything in the plaudarium looks so happy! From the plants down to the sand at the bottom and everything in between.
The silvers are massive and have great coloration!
Thanks again for sharing.

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
wow amazing tank looks great! and about the drop eye, its mearley impossible for them to avoid especially if there are bottom dwellers in the tank ive read that some people put floating objects in the water to make the aros look up more and to avoid the bottom dwellers but in my opinion i rather just see my aro with drop eye then a rubber ducky floating around lol, but no foreal its gonna be hard to avoid between dropping for for bottom dwellers and everything.

Reactions: ElTofi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store