Silver arowanas spooked by red color

vtnamezeboi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2005
I’ve had 4 different silver. I don’t know about you guys but when I wear a red shirt and walk up to the tank they will splash and go crazy against the glass. Anyone else experience this?!

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I think FINWIN FINWIN has experienced this with her Oscar or parrot.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’ve had 4 different silver. I don’t know about you guys but when I wear a red shirt and walk up to the tank they will splash and go crazy against the glass. Anyone else experience this?!
Silver aros are very skittish. Especially when small. Try some floating plants and decor. But also try to wear a not so bright/contrasting color as the fish seem to recognize it as a threat.

Reactions: tlindsey

vtnamezeboi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2005
Silver aros are very skittish. Especially when small. Try some floating plants and decor. But also try to wear a not so bright/contrasting color as the fish seem to recognize it as a threat.
I can wear any color but red. Looks like they hate it like bulls!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I think FINWIN FINWIN has experienced this with her Oscar or parrot.
Red light made my Oscar Brick and parrot Boss aggressive, the parrot even more so. But the effect wore off later. My parrot Boss doesn't like red plants and will pull them up. My other parrots aren't bothered by red plants at all. Certain bold pattern clothes annoy/affect my O and severum (I get stared at like "who are you?"). The parrots don't care if you wear blinking neon and polka dots. The red light didn't affect the catfish or severum at all.

Yesterday I had on a horizontal striped sweater and my Parrot Kong went berserk. The other parrot Patch was unaffected. So like with humans it seems to be an individual thing (my Oscar is drama personified. I put some bright marbles in the tank and he took one look then floated sideways).

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store