Silver Tiger update

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Impressive!....and always good to see a nice sized American Tiger in someone's tank as there doesn't seem to be very many big ones out there.
I'm guessing you have it in full fresh water since you mentioned other dats and you have bichirs in the tank with it.

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Impressive!....and always good to see a nice sized American Tiger in someone's tank as there doesn't seem to be very many big ones out there.
I'm guessing you have it in full fresh water since you mentioned other dats and you have bichirs in the tank with it.
Yes always kept them in freshwater

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
I’m on my 3rd Silver. It’s about 9”-10”. Hard to eyeball measure as it won’t sit still to let me stare at it. Lol. I haven’t been able to grow out past 10”. My last one got serious lot obese. Likely some semi shortbody thing going on for some of these.

The past 6 months I’ve been trying the rock salt up to 1.5 cups per 100g dosing. Got this advice from my stingray, dat, bichir buddy who’s been dosing 2 cups per 100g for years. All my other larger dats and bichirs seem to like this salinity. Hopefully I can get my current silver at or over 12”. Just sharing my silver experiences here.

Last edited:

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
I’m on my 3rd Silver. It’s about 9”-10”. Hard to eyeball measure as it won’t sit still to let me stare at it. Lol. I haven’t been able to grow out past 10”. My last one got serious lot obese. Likely some semi shortbody thing going on for some of these.

The past 6 months I’ve been trying the rock salt up to 1.5 cups per 100g dosing. Got this advice from my stingray, dat, bichir buddy who’s been dosing 2 cups per 100g for years. All my other larger dats and bichirs seem to like this salinity. Hopefully I can get my current silver at or over 12”. Just sharing my silver experiences here.
Last one I had hit 12” and didn’t grow anymore-but it was in full freshwater too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store