Singapore shopping

jjtink

Feeder Fish
Jan 25, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Hi folks,

At short notice I'm travelling to Singapore next week for work. Anyone have any shopping tips/locations so I can make a dent into my photographic wish-list. :badgrin: E.g. I definitely want to buy a Nikon flash.

Thanks!

benny

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2004
Singapore
It was great meeting Jay and we had a great time in New York. Thank goodness B&H Photo was closed.

As for shopping in Singpore, prices will definitely cheaper than Australia and even Hong Kong (except for certain products).

To get good prices without being ripped off, you can try:

Cathay Photo Pte Ltd at Peninsula Plaza (which is the camera district). They are located at the ground floor. You can also try getting an e-quote from them via e-mail from www.cathayphoto.com.sg

If you are confident of bargaining down to the price you have in mind, you can try Alan Photo or Cam X at Funan Centre (beside Peninsula Plaza). But these two shops are local haunts and best avoided by tourists. You can also get an e-quote from www.alanphoto.com.sg

When asking for e-quotes, avoid identifying yourself as a tourist. Peninsula Plaza/Peninsula Shopping Centre/Adelphi are known as the golden triangle for new and used camera equipment.

As for Sim Lim Square, best to be avoided by clueless tourists. It's lamb to the slaughter.

Too bad I'm not in Singapore next week. Otherwise, I'll take you there myself.

Have fun!!

Cheers,

RazorBlade

Feeder Fish
Mar 16, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
www.geocities.com
I have some business contacts in S'pore in the Photography Business - if you've got a 'wish list', feel free to PM to me and I'll get you some prices. No obligations of course!

When are you in S'pore? I'll be there for a one or two-day trip on 21 Apr (Thurs). Might be staying the night, might not. :)

jjtink

Feeder Fish
Jan 25, 2005
Sydney, Australia
RazorBlade said:
I have some business contacts in S'pore in the Photography Business - if you've got a 'wish list', feel free to PM to me and I'll get you some prices. No obligations of course!

When are you in S'pore? I'll be there for a one or two-day trip on 21 Apr (Thurs). Might be staying the night, might not. :)
Thanks, I've PM'd you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store