Single red bellied piranha tank mates?

Vesparotax154

Feeder Fish
Aug 22, 2018
Hi all, first post on here so go easy!
I have 5x red bellied juvenile piranhas but one has always been half the size of the rest, she obviously struggles to compete with food and is struggling now, I have another tank set up which has Oscars, clarias, giant asian upside down catfish, iridescent shark, and a huge featherfin, my question is can a put a single specimen rbp juvenile in this tank, from my 20 years of fish keeping my knowledge sais no but I have seen so many tanks on YouTube ect where people keep single rbps with Oscars ect and have no problems? Thanks in advance

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
Hi all, first post on here so go easy!
I have 5x red bellied juvenile piranhas but one has always been half the size of the rest, she obviously struggles to compete with food and is struggling now, I have another tank set up which has Oscars, clarias, giant asian upside down catfish, iridescent shark, and a huge featherfin, my question is can a put a single specimen rbp juvenile in this tank, from my 20 years of fish keeping my knowledge sais no but I have seen so many tanks on YouTube ect where people keep single rbps with Oscars ect and have no problems? Thanks in advance
What size tank are the oscars in?
Sounds like that tank is 300+ to have so many monsters...

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
What size is the runt and what size is the oscar?

Reactions: Davidiator

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
Ok.

DOOB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2018
toronto canada
tlindsey is bang on. first to go will be the Oscars tails. then the fins. then the eye balls. the scales etc. u get the picture

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store