Sitting on the bottom?

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I struck our trying to find Methylene Blue locally. My go-to LFS just sold his last bottle over the weekend.
I had to order it online but it won't be here until Friday.

I'm assuming since I've only dosed with Kanaplex and Epson salt so far I don't need the daily water changes yet?
If you have cycled media in QT, you don't have to. Only on Day 3 and Day 5 since that's a full redose of Kanaplex.

Reactions: Bbuckley

Randys

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2015
Traverse City, Michigan
Well, I received my methylene blue order today and WOW I can see why they call it BLUE. It reminds me of coloring Easter eggs as a kid. I’m envisioning having a big blue fish when this is done. LOL

The final dose with kanaplex is tomorrow. Should I keep up the methylene for an addition week with daily WCs?

Any re-dose methylene blue proportionally?

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Well, I received my methylene blue order today and WOW I can see why they call it BLUE. It reminds me of coloring Easter eggs as a kid. I’m envisioning having a big blue fish when this is done. LOL

The final dose with kanaplex is tomorrow. Should I keep up the methylene for an addition week with daily WCs?

Any re-dose methylene blue proportionally?
that’s what I did. It helps bring more oxygen into the blood and helps with healing

Airstone and heater required in QT

you stained your fingers, didn’t you

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Oh ya, got blue fingers.

Why the air stone? Doesn’t the HOB do enough?
it will, I didn’t know you had an HoB. I prefer an airstone because MB will kill any BB, so no use for me to keep biological media while MB used.

when doing water changes with MB, make sure to dechlorinate new water for 3 hours in a bucket or container. Water conditioner will destroy MB effects. You could also use water from your main tank for water changes so that you don’t have to use water conditioner

Randys

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2015
Traverse City, Michigan
Ahh ok. I guess I should have pulled my media and put it in one of my sumps before the MB eh?

So I can count on all of the BB to be dead? If that’s the case maybe I’ll pull the media now, rinse it well, and toss it in one of the filter socks in my 300 sump. I usually try to keep my 30 cycled with dithers for cases like this.

No need to dechlorinate, I’m on well water and my central’s love it.

Oh a brighter note; the patient appears to be doing better. He’s up off the bottom and swimming around whenever I check on him. Things are looking up.

Again, thanks for the help.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Ahh ok. I guess I should have pulled my media and put it in one of my sumps before the MB eh?

So I can count on all of the BB to be dead? If that’s the case maybe I’ll pull the media now, rinse it well, and toss it in one of the filter socks in my 300 sump. I usually try to keep my 30 cycled with dithers for cases like this.
Yeah assume it’s gone. Soak in old tank water and rinse in old tank water until the media is no longer blue

After a week in the QT he’s back with his home boys and acting like his old self. Thanks Rocksor!

View attachment 1451664View attachment 1451665
sweet! Glad it worked for you!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store