Six GATF from Wes

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
The guy i mentioned is the one that has the 30k gal tank in Thailand that had the big gatf in. It was mentioned several timez by others as well. When u say weldon 40 do u mean weldon 4? That is the liquid stuff that one uses to bond 2 pieces of acrylic. The other is #16 which is a gel type glue used for minor adj and seal jobs.
I would suggest any tank that u may have some atf in to cover 3 sides even if some of the inhabitants aren't atf. Try it out and see what happens. If u go on fb u under the forum monster fish freaks u will see the guy i mentioned with his 30k gal tank.
I see. I have seen nzafi's threads, just didn't know the names of these SE Asian ATF keepers.

Yes Weldon #40, 2 part - polymerization initiator of benzoyl peroxide type and the resin / monomer + oligomers of methyl ester of methacrylic acid. I used 16 gal of this to glue the 45'x4' window and posts on 25,000 gal.

#4 and #16 are for light and small jobs.

I will cover the remaining 3rd side of the current 240 gal. Thank you.

Unfortunately I don't do FB. No time.

Cant wait for that :)

And the guy with the 30k gal tank has a bunch of large gatf. If it’s the one N nzafi shared
You can and will. Thank you, Moe. Yes, I am familiar with nzafi's postings. Great many thanks to him, especially since I don't do the FB thing.

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
I see. I have seen nzafi's threads, just didn't know the names of these SE Asian ATF keepers.

Yes Weldon #40, 2 part - polymerization initiator of benzoyl peroxide type and the resin / monomer + oligomers of methyl ester of methacrylic acid. I used 16 gal of this to glue the 45'x4' window and posts on 25,000 gal.

#4 and #16 are for light and small jobs.

I will cover the remaining 3rd side of the current 240 gal. Thank you.

Unfortunately I don't do FB. No time.

You can and will. Thank you, Moe. Yes, I am familiar with nzafi's postings. Great many thanks to him, especially since I don't do the FB thing.
Lmk how it all comez out.

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Minus one more GATF. I have not seen what happened initially but what I saw after is consistent with a wall run-in. Eyes and scales removal courtesy of tank mates post mortum.

100_8380.JPG 100_8381 (2).JPG 100_8381-1.JPG

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Minus one more GATF. This time I am not sure it was a suicide because the GATF bears bite marks consistent with an attack from other ATF, both the marks and the location of the bites, especially by the tail is the trademark of ATF attack:

100_8401.JPG 100_8401-1.JPG 100_8401-2.JPG 100_8401-3.JPG 100_8401-4.JPG

Ah okay, decent airation isn't too hard to achieve. Most of my fish breathe air anyway haha.

I'd totally do a native pond with a viewing window. VATF, clarias or schilbe cats and such with reed beds and lots of emerging plant growth maybe. One day...
My natives are better! :p

Why do tigers have to be so big, maybe one day... 8x3 for VATF isn't too bad. You must contact Paul Skelton :)
What fish do you have that breathe air? I'm assuming polys and wolfs but if you have anymore I'd love to know

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store