Skittish Asian Aro

islandmisfit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2018
Hey thanks for the replys. A bit of an update on this guy. After adding the silver dollars he really came around . not hiding and out and about. The trouble i found with the red hooks and wide bars was how aggressive they were during feeding. To the point of snatching food right out of his mouth. I did not enjoy these fish at all. Not only were they super aggresive feeders all they did when not feeding was squabble with each other...they kind of got on my nerves. I rehomed all the silver dollars and replaced them with a group of 8 uaru and 1 chocolate cichlid. So far its going really well. I was unsure how the uaru would go as they were quite small 2” but the aro did not go after them at all...in fact they get along great which is surprising. All the fish are growing really fast ... had no idea how fast uaru could grow haha. The aro is getting up around 9” and uaru are about 3” . See how this goes long term but so far im enjoying it . The aro can feed without anyone steeling his food or mistaking his barbels for food. anyways i have come to realize the chalenging part of keeping aros is their personality as they are not difficult to keep from a water quality standpoint as they are fairly hardy. But man they can be stubborn when they are not happy about something.haha

Reactions: Bonytang
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store