Skunk

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
I love how they look but in my past experiences (3 times) they have been aggressive and always hid.

A group of 8~10 would probably help ease that.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Here's to hoping you get some in the future. Never owned them but I heard they're great.

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
I love how they look but in my past experiences (3 times) they have been aggressive and always hid.

A group of 8~10 would probably help ease that.
I have had a bunch of them for a few years in my smaller loach partition, including chain loaches. I do not find the skunks any more aggressive than any other loach. I think the do well in larger groups, not necessarily of skunks alone, but any similar sized warm water loach.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I ordered 6 skunk loaches, got 4 eos and 2 skunks.
Due to disease, I have 3 eos and 1 skunk now.
Never any aggression from the skunk(s), even now in its own. Occasionally it chases fish that get close, but really is quite placid. Just give lots of space with lots of hiding spots and it will be fine.
Very fun fish, especially at feedings.

Reactions: Midwater

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
I have had a bunch of them for a few years in my smaller loach partition, including chain loaches. I do not find the skunks any more aggressive than any other loach. I think the do well in larger groups, not necessarily of skunks alone, but any similar sized warm water loach.
Yeah, I agree. I have found many loaches to chill when in any kind of similar group.

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
I ordered 6 skunk loaches, got 4 eos and 2 skunks.
Due to disease, I have 3 eos and 1 skunk now.
Never any aggression from the skunk(s), even now in its own. Occasionally it chases fish that get close, but really is quite placid. Just give lots of space with lots of hiding spots and it will be fine.
Very fun fish, especially at feedings.
I have got eos too, and they are just as good.

But four loaches is not enough. You need a swarm of them for the fun to start.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
But four loaches is not enough. You need a swarm of them for the fun to start.
+1. When it comes to Botia type loaches, 6 or more is absolutely essential.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
4 seems to be working out…maybe I’ll get some more skunks at some point. Tank is already bordering overstocked though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store