Small cute brackish moray, help to identify please

john_lord_b3

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2017
sites.google.com
today I gave my U. Micropteruses to a friend who could maintain a single species-only tank. I notice that they are too sluggish to compete with faster eels. The larger, faster eels routinely snatched their food, right from their mouths. So, if they are not being kept on its own aquarium, they could starve. Since I am lacking space for another aquarium, I did the next best thing, by donating the eels to another who could keep them properly.

Here is the scene where the large Echidna Rhodochilus snagged the food from U. Micropterus's mouth. Kind of funny and depressing at the same time.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

john_lord_b3

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2017
sites.google.com
Due to some decisions which must be taken, I have moved most of my larger eels to other places, so now I have space for a small brackish eel, and guess what? I get another Uropterygius Micropterus! :D
uro as profile pic.jpg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

john_lord_b3

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2017
sites.google.com
That's fantastic!

I thought I was familiar with all of the available brackish morays, and I keep or have kept them all, yet here you name two new ones, with beautiful specimens of one of them.

Where are you located?
I am in Indonesia, in the island of Java. where morays that usually considered as fully marine in other countries, actually enters brackish water, even freshwater, very frequently.

Here are a bucketful of juveniles taken out from a river several months ago.

IMG-20180622-WA0022.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store